Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Book Review: The Vanishing Sculptor

Title: The Vanishing Sculptor
Author: Donita K. Paul
Genre: Fantasy
Length: 390

Quality Rating: 7
Content Rating: G

The Vanishing Sculptor was a different twist on a fantasy world I thought I already knew from Ms. Paul's Dragonkeeper series. I greatly enjoyed seeing a new culture and new faces as well as having the familiar faces beside them on their epic journey. If you have not read the Dragonkeeper series, never fear. Foreknowledge of the world is not necessary, and this book is self contained in itself. I loved the story, the innocent romance, and the heavy Christian influence. Reading one of Ms. Paul's books is a break from reality that is still heavy in truth. I could barely put it down, and sincerely hope there are more books.

There is violence, but its not graphically described, but it is the only thing that could possibly push this book into a PG rating. There is romance, but its very light and innocent, the romance of a young girl and a boy who is simply charming. I can see no harm in children in elementary school reading these books, but don't let that fool older readers. This book is enjoyable even for me, a 22-year-old girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment