Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Team Cinna

Why are you reading this post?

I mean, seriously! Do you realize that Mockingjay came out today? You should be at your local indie bookstore, B&N, Borders, Walmart--whatever place you buy books--and get it.

What? You've never heard of Mockingjay? You mean, you haven't read The Hunger Games?

*gasp*

You did not just say you haven't read The Hunger Games. Did you not see my post on how awesome it was? Shame on you!

Seriously, go buy the entire series.

Ok, I'll stop gushing now. So what makes these books so good? Many many things, but one of them, I think, is how she makes readers love her characters. Take Cinna for example.

Cinna is Katniss' fashion designer. He makes her clothes, helps her with his own clothing line, etc. He's really a secondary character, and yet he has an incredible following. Why? Because of a few comments he makes. Because of how he behaves in the few scenes with Katniss. The man is endearing. Despite the fact that he has a small part, readers like him.

So read The Hunger Games. Come to love Katniss, Peeta, Gale, and Cinna.

And then read Mockingjay to see how the revolution ends!

(Sorry for the shortness of this post, but I'm reading Mockingjay. I'm sure you'll forgive me.)

2 comments:

  1. Yea for Cinna. I hope he somehow survived after book 2, but I'm thinking he may have made his last appearance.

    Just started Mockingjay yesterday and yearning to go home and push through it....such fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Mockingjay today, but I won't say anything about Cinna's or anyone's fate! This is a spoiler free blog.

    I do have to say, it did not end like I expected it to, which is always nice. I like being surprised. And since no one knows what my prediction for the end was--no one should take this statement as a spoiler. :)

    I'm sure you'll enjoy it, Okie!

    ReplyDelete