Monday, May 9, 2011

Summertime

Summertime! Summertime! It's finally summertime! Woo!

And with summertime means daily postings (minus Sunday) here on my blog!

So I've been thinking a lot about what sort of schedule I want to have and the sort of things I want to talk about. This is the blog of a Christian, writer, and engineer, and I want my blog to cover all of those topics. But this is also going to be a summer of big change and I want to talk about that too.

Anyway, no need to continue babbling. My schedule is going to be like the following:

Writer Mondays: On Monday I will discuss things that relate to my writing or to this blog or odd things I think of about writing. So similar to Monday's last year.

Engineering Tuesdays: Like last summer as well, I will spend Tuesdays discussing engineering topics, whether it be past engineering feats, modern marvels, or future discoveries.

Western Wednesday: This has to do with the "big change" coming this summer. Let's just say I'm moving out west. Since my friends who read this blog will want to follow my exploits, this day will take care of that.

Faith Thursdays: As a writer and engineer, I sometimes have a somewhat interesting belief system, when compared to other believers. So this is the day where I'll continue our Evolution discussion as well as discuss any other aspects of my faith.

Geek out Fridays: I feel like I haven't used this blog to express my inner geek enough. Sure I get nerdy* with all my engineering talk, but I haven't used this blog to discuss all those wonderfully geeky things I love. If you read this blog you would think I'm a Wheel of Time geek and nothing else. That's simply not true. My heart will also belong to Star Wars and we can't forget Terminator, Stargate, and all the other wonders of my geekiness.

Book Review Saturday: When I have reviews to post, I'll post them on Saturday. This may mean seven posts might be posted on Saturday, but that's the way of life.

And there will be no post on Sunday so I can take a breath and use that time for whatever.

I think this summer is going to be an exciting time for this blog, and I hope you guys enjoy it!


*The first post this Friday will discuss what the difference is between "geek", "nerd", and "dork" (at least in my mind) so everyone is on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment